Thursday, August 31, 2006

Chat to My Sister (Not With)

 

[Note to phishers of men:  All personal identifiers have been removed from the following content.  Move along.]

 

[Note to Tyler:  Your Myspace is locked down.  Unless we're your friend we can't read this blog anyways so no worries.  P.S. - We know where you live.]

 

-----

Melissa,

 

I know, I know.  You have better things to do than to read a chat you were never actively a part of.  Still... I thought you should have this.

 

Google is a double-edged sword.  Its poorly designed messaging system is easy to overlook and yet everything is saved by simple nature of the fact that it's Google.

 

Also, I think I need to watch less television.  It's been apparantly teaching me things like irony and word-play all the while diminishing my ability to spell c0rrctley.

 

Love,

Tyler


6:01 PM me: HEYYY!!!!!

6:02 PM Hmmm. If you were paying attention to this little box in the bottom corner of your screen, you would know that I'm trying to instant message you.

  But, alas. No such attention is being paid to the little box in the bottom corner of your screen...

  ... And therefore you do not know that I am messaging you.

6:03 PM Oh Google! Why dost thou cureseth me with your irresponsibly designed messaging system?





5 minutes

6:09 PM me: And then minutes later I try writing again...

  But to no avail.

6:12 PM So I, resonsible as I am, pop-out the message screen to a new window in hopes that the nearly indiscernible 'beep' of an alert will be enough to inform me of your pending return.





7 minutes

6:20 PM me: Will the discovery of a missed message creep over you like the subtle shiver of knowledge that wispers to your spine that danger is near? Will you allow yourself a brief but subconciously transfiguring gasp that will certainly capture the condensate of misfortune turned to an exhale of tragedy in the cocoon of your lungs?

6:21 PM 
Apparantly no. You've logged offline.

 

-----

 

Orange you glad I didn't say "orange"?  But seriously, blog readers, I need to go find something better to spend my time on now so... be gone... or however I get rid of you.

No comments: